Videoarte & cinema experimental
- Oblíqua 2016 Lisbon exhibition
- ‘Borders and boundaries’ : an anthology of contemporary portuguese videoarte & experimental cinema @ VisualContainer.TV 2016
- Mostra Strangloscope / Florianópolis 2017
- Addis Video Art Festival, Addis Abeba, Ethiopia, 2017
- Torrance Art Museum, Los Angeles, USA, 2018
- TAM DarkRoom, Alphabet @ Torrance Art Museum, Los Angeles, USA, 2020
Oblíqua was an independent curatorial and exhibition project by Paulo B. Menezes that ran from 2016 to 2020. Originally intended as an annual international exhibition taking place in Lisbon with video art and experimental cinema from 7 nations, only the first edition occurred due to lack of institutional support. Oblíqua, however, curated several more Portuguese representations courtesy of invitations by other exhibitions and the support of the invited Portuguese artists.
Also intended was the co-creation of a Portuguese video art and experimental cinema association conceived as a platform between Portuguese authors and curators, as well as for international promotion, which didn’t come through due to the lack of will of several fellow Portuguese curators.